Head of Sales, East Asia
Fantastic opportunity to join us as Head of Sales, leading the East Asia sales team based in Malaysia and Hong Kong. You will maximise business opportunity through direct sales and partnerships, delivering long term customer value through unrivalled customer service and advocacy.
About the role
You will develop and execute sales strategy and build long term customer relationships. With overall responsibility for all commercial arrangements, you will also provide effective and inspirational leadership to your sales team.
In order to be successful, you will have excellent presentation and negotiation skills with a natural ability to network and develop strong working relationships. You will be extremely self-aware with the gravitas to command respect. Your understanding of the skills sector across the different East Asia markets will be essential, as will your obsession for delivering on customer needs and creating business value.
The following experience will also be key –
- Experience of developing a high performing, geographically dispersed sales team.
- Experience of successfully developing and managing issues with people from a range of cultural backgrounds.
- Successfully delivering multi-million pound sales targets whilst managing and controlling costs within target.
- Experience of cross selling in a multi-brand environment.
- Experience of developing and implementing new sales strategies to capitalise on new business opportunities.
- Proven experience of developing strong business relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to raise profile and highlight new business opportunities.
- Significant track record of business development from opportunity identification, market development to closing a deal.
- Budget management and forecasting experience.
- Willingness to travel extensively within Asia region and internationally on occasion.
Our Story & Mission
The City & Guilds Group is a global leader in skills development. Our purpose is the same as it has always been, to enable people and organisations to develop their skills for personal and economic growth. What we do is about more than skills, or qualifications, or jobs. Backed by a Royal Charter, we have more than 135 years of experience in making sure that people can contribute to successful businesses and thriving economies. Made up of City & Guilds, ILM, Kineo, DigitalMe, The Oxford Group and Gen2; we work with education providers, businesses and governments in over 80 countries, to provide work-relevant education and training in 26 industries.
At The City & Guilds Group our success is driven by the people we work with. We pride ourselves on our ability to offer an equal opportunity to all our staff and we value diversity within our inclusive culture. We recognise that a diverse workforce is the only way we will achieve our ambitious business goals, and therefore work in a very flexible way to accommodate everyone.
To find out more about the position, take a look at the Role Profile. If you think you’re just the person for the job, follow the link below to submit your CV and complete our short application form. We can’t wait to hear from you, so apply now!