Data Strategy Manager
A new and exciting Data Strategy Manager role, where you'll provide an end-to-end vision of City & Guilds’ new Skills Cluster’s product content and data. You'll take responsibility for how it flows through the various stages of creation, validation and publication, from source to end point.
About the role
This role will ensure the transformation and dissemination of our information is accurate, timely and robust, and that the data assets of City & Guilds are supported by a data architecture that aids the organisation in achieving its strategic goals. You’ll be responsible for implementing and managing processes to support the consistent and accurate assurance of systems and processes via testing.
Accountabilities will include:
Manage the relationship between business systems data and endpoint systems
- Develop and maintain a formal description of the information flow, data and data structures – to include data definitions, and data flow diagrams. You will also use xsd schemas data models and metadata workflow management objects in conjunction with the Data Integration team in IT.
- Manage the relationship between our master content and endpoint systems, ensuring that the data flows are aligned and organised to transmit information to, and receive from, the relevant consumer.
- Manage the stakeholders of each system and maintain the integrity of the data – this is a fundamental measure to delivering quality information.
- Managing and reviewing our approach to test data across our business estate.
- Act as lead for all GDPR related data assessments and changes for the department.
- Ensure data is suitably classified at a metadata level to aid towards effective data asset management and reuse at an overall group level.
- The Content Design Authority (CDA) is accountable for the successful design and delivery of content and data models and is the single point of authorisation for all change requests to content models.
Data preparation for testing
- Prepare, implement and manage strategies for the consistent delivery and management of test data across systems
- Review and update strategies to reflect changes in data within systems and processes.
You will need a deep understanding of the business meaning and relevance of our consumable content, the business processes involved in its creation and usage across the enterprise estate, as well as its distribution downstream to other systems receiving the data.
We can’t live without…
- The ability to develop a real understanding of the City & Guilds technical ecosystem, so that you can provide timely, accurate and high quality delivery of information to our clients and partners
- The ability to act as a conduit and bridge between technical and non-technical teams.Proven experience of creating and managing data architectures and strategies in a diverse environment of customers, technologies and suppliers
- Proven ability in managing relationships with project stakeholders at all levels of seniority through effective communication (both written and verbal)
- Ability to pre-empt and analyse problems, and present commercially viable solutions
- Ability to articulate thinking in a succinct and engaging way
- Experience in managing data strategies of testing
- Proven experience in managing content meta models
- Experience in data modelling tools.
Our Story & Mission
The City & Guilds Group is a global leader in skills development. Our purpose is the same today as it has always been, to enable people, organisations and economies to develop their skills for growth. Backed by a Royal Charter, we have more than 135 years of experience in making sure that people can contribute to successful businesses and thriving economies.
Today, the Group consists of City & Guilds, ILM, Kineo, Digitalme, The Oxford Group and Gen2. Our businesses provide a broad and imaginative range of products and services that help people achieve their potential through work-based learning. Together, they set the standards for corporate learning, technical training and skills credentialing. Everything we do – from the way we work, our products and services, to our charitable investments – seeks to make a difference to individuals and communities around the world.
At The City & Guilds Group our success is driven by the people we work with – our people make us who we are. We pride ourselves on our ability to offer an equal opportunity to all our staff and we value diversity within our inclusive culture. We recognise that a diverse workforce is the only way we will achieve our ambitious business goals, so we work hard to be flexible way to accommodate everyone.
What Do We Offer You?
Working for us means working for an innovative, market-leading organisation. You’ll be entitled to an excellent Total Reward Package which typically includes – a great base salary, 25 days holiday, life assurance, Gymflex, Cycle2Work scheme and much more!
To find out more about the position, take a look at the Role Profile. If this still sounds exciting and you think you’re just the person for the job, please submit your CV and complete our short application form. We can’t wait to hear from you, so apply now! Once we have received your application you will be emailed a link to complete a game-based assessment that will be used in addition to your application form to assess your suitability for our organisation.