System Administrator (Client Services)
If you are a Linux whizz (with a splash of Windows Server/SQL Server experience), feel at home on the command line and are comfortable with network, OS and hardware setup, configuration, monitoring, and troubleshooting - keep reading!
The Systems Administrator Group within Client Services provides second and third line technical support for our hosted and cloud-based systems and we are seeking enthusiastic Systems Administrators to join our team in Brighton.
What Will You Be Doing?
Our server estate spans the entire Kineo product life cycle; from bids and development activities, through to customer test environments and live sites. You will play a key role in helping to specify new server configurations, keeping existing systems working properly and planning for maintenance, change and growth.
As well as planned activities, you’ll respond to internal and external customer-reported issues and decide whether the next steps are best handled within the team or escalated to other groups; for this, you’ll use your OS and systems and network support skills to investigate the issue and identify the likely root cause. Other team roles include: system monitoring, automation, inter-department meetings and IT R&D.
You'll need to be familiar with the following:
- Linux (primarily Ubuntu Server) and common command-line admin and debug tools
- LAPP (Linux, Apache, PostgreSQL PHP) stack setup and support
- File systems architectures and functions such as: LVM, DRBD, NFS, attached storage, object stores and remote synchronisation
- Networking technologies (common protocols, VPNs, firewalls and routers etc.)
- Server hardware (including hosted and cloud platforms) specification and setup
And it would be great if you had experience of:
- Customer-facing support
- System performance tuning
- Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure) and automation tools (Ansible, Terraform)
- General database admin and troubleshooting (primarily PostgreSQL)
- Supporting email systems (based on Sendmail and Postfix)
- Information Security and data handling principles
- Producing support documentation
So Why Come and Work For Us?
If you enjoy IT-oriented support and troubleshooting, this is a fantastic opportunity to bring your skills into a team that you will also be empowered to shape and evolve as we embark on a period of expansion and technical reengineering. As part of the City and Guilds Group, Kineo is also seen as the forward-looking technology leader, so your contributions will have a positive influence on the activities of other companies.
Kineo is a global, award-winning, innovative technology company that provides effective elearning, learning portals and learning management systems (LMSs) to the worldwide corporate market. We support clients all over the world and we’ve offices in Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and the US.
As part of the City & Guilds Group we’re now able to offer our clients more than ever before, including integrated learning solutions and accredited blended programmes. As you’ll be working with colleagues from across the Group you’ll be able to expand your field of knowledge even more, and benefit from the many varied career opportunities that are available.
Kineo is a fun and colourful place to work, with a very familial feel (so we're told). Aside from gaining lots of new friends, you'll benefit from:
- 25 days' annual leave, plus an additional days' leave with every 2 years' service
- Generous pension and award-winning benefits scheme including private medical insurance
- There's plenty more too, such as life assurance and shopping discounts.
We’re a charitable organisation but that’s not to say we’re not commercially focused. The difference is we don’t have to pay shareholders – we reinvest our profits back into our business so that we can continue to improve learning and skills development. We always have community projects on the go – including involvement in community gardening projects and helping feed the homeless.
If you think this is the role for you, we would love to hear from you. Please apply with your CV and cover letter outlining why you think you're the best person for the job.