We are looking for a Software Tester to join our busy Learning Technologies team in Brighton.
It's a great opportunity to be involved in testing Kineo’s web based products, which include Managed Learning Systems and customised instances of Totara, as well as ensuring our products are fit for purpose and bug free.
What Do We Do?
Kineo is a market-leader in the elearning industry. We’re growing fast and are busy expanding our global presence. Our motto? ‘Stirring things up’ – we love doing what we do!
Kineo has been providing learning solutions for over ten years, and part of City & Guilds for almost five. We help the world's leading businesses and organisations improve performance through learning and technology, providing a wide range of world-class elearning, consultancy, development and support services. We partner with clients all over the world, with offices in the UK, APAC, South Africa and the US.
What will you be doing?
You'll be responsible for understanding the system under test, creating test scripts and test data, carrying out technical, functional and cross-browser testing.
We will need you to take an active part in projects, submitting test plans, test cases and working within the team to achieve repeatable and reliable testing.
- Keen eye for detail
- A technical mind adept at solving problems
- Experience of using bug tracking software
- Experience of data led software testing in a commercial environment
- Ability to model test data and design testing scenarios
- Experience of working within a software development environment
- Experience of test case creation and execution
- Ability to work quickly and accurately to strict deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sound understanding of functional and customer journey testing
It would be a bonus if you have an understanding of learning management systems and a basic knowledge of programming/coding.
- Experience of using the Moodle/Totara LMS or any other digital media learning system
- Experience of test automation, preferably Gherkin/Cucumber, Behat/Selenium
- Basic knowledge of a programming language (PHP)
- Experience of working within agile teams, adapt to change and realignment.
Kineo is a fun and colourful place to work, with a very familial feel (so we’re told). Aside from gaining lots of new friends, you’ll benefit from:
- 25 days’ annual leave, plus an additional days’ leave with every 2 years’ service
- Generous pension and award-winning benefits scheme including medical care
- Free fruit delivered to the office and a number of sports clubs such as running and football, with subsidies available for entering events
There’s plenty more too, such as life assurance, private healthcare, shopping discounts, and childcare vouchers
Sound like your dream job? We’d love to hear from you! Please follow the link below, including a cover letter outlining why you’re the best person for this job.