MS .NET Developer
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced MS.Net Full Stack Developer to come in and make a real impact to help the City & Guilds Group achieve it's purpose to enable people, organisations and economies to develop their skills for growth. The primary responsibility of the role is for development & maintenance of custom applications, including interfaces & reports in accordance with technical and functional specifications.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced MS.Net Full Stack Developer to come in and make a real impact to help the City & Guilds Group achieve it's purpose to enable people, organisations and economies to develop their skills for growth.
About the Role
This is a key role within City & Guilds’ Group IT division and sits within our Group Development. The primary responsibility of the role is for development & maintenance of custom applications, including interfaces & reports in accordance with technical and functional specifications, on time, on budget, and to agreed quality standards.
Working alongside a dynamic & talented team and third party vendors, you will engage in day-to-day relationships with associated Technical Leads, Functional and Domain Leads, Applications Support teams to provide specialist support on areas of standards and practices, development, testing, deployment as well as support delivery of changes and service introduction of new functionality.
You will demonstrate expert level in development and delivery of bespoke enterprise applications, as well as:
- Providing expert advice in technical design to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Taking overall responsibility for ensuring, prior to the commencement of any development work, that architectural & development standards are agreed and a detailed specification is in place.
We want to hear from people who have a wide range of skills and experience such as:
- Strong communication skills to work with both technical and non-technical stakeholders with a strong customer centric approach in everything you do, ensuring they receive the best possible experience.
- Experience in working with third party partner teams, following waterfall and agile development models, understanding development environment landscapes, as well as being able to work against tight deadlines; which will ensure you are able to come in and make a real impact to the organisation.
- Experience and In-depth knowledge of C#, ASP .Net MVC, SQL, REST API and .NET Core 2.x
- Experience in client-side frameworks like AngularJS, Kendo UI and other jQuery libraries
- Experience using Azure App service, Azure Functions, Azure Blob Storage, Azure Queue, Service Bus Azure App Insights and Azure Cosmos DB
- Experience in SQL Server, MongoDB, Entity Framework, oAuth/OpenID, IOC, Dependency Injection
- Full understanding of application architectures including database and infrastructure layers
- Understands the value of Continuous Integration and using products like TeamCity or Jenkins and experience with VSTS.
- Demonstrate experience writing low-level designs (LLD), technical specifications, test plans and test execution.
Our story and mission
The City & Guilds Group is a global leader in skills development. Our purpose is the same today as it has always been, to enable people, organisations and economies to develop their skills for growth. Backed by a Royal Charter, we have more than 135 years of experience in making sure that people can contribute to successful businesses and thriving economies.
Today, the Group consists of City & Guilds, ILM, Kineo, Digitalme, The Oxford Group and Gen2. Our businesses provide a broad and imaginative range of products and services that help people achieve their potential through work-based learning. Together, they set the standards for corporate learning, technical training and skills credentialing. Everything we do – from the way we work, our products and services, to our charitable investments – seeks to make a difference to individuals and communities around the world.
Our success is driven by the people we work with. We pride ourselves on our ability to offer an equal opportunity to all our staff and we value diversity within our inclusive culture. We recognise that a diverse workforce is the only way we will achieve our ambitious business goals, so we work hard to be flexible to accommodate everyone.
What we offer
We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative, engaging and market-leading organisation with opportunities to develop your existing skills and explore new ones.
You’ll receive an excellent benefits package which typically includes a great base salary, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, pension, private healthcare, volunteering opportunities and much more.
We welcome a discussion about how this role could work flexibly for you. For example work pattern, hours or location.
Next steps and how to apply
If you think this is the role and organisation for you then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and complete our short application form using the apply button.