Financial Planning and Analysis Accountant
In this role you'll deliver all planning and reporting requirements for the City & Guilds Skills Credentialing Cluster for both internal and group purpose at all times ensuring that outputs are timely, accurate, relevant and above all informative.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- To support the annual and quarterly planning processes, taking ownership of identifying and building appropriate solutions to aggregate, analyse and present the plan
- To support the month end reporting process ensuring accurate reporting, including periodic updates of reporting schedules and management of accruals and prepayments
- To ensure the Hyperion Essbase planning & consolidation tool accurately reflects both plans and actuals for SCC.
- To positively contribute to the Skills Credentialing Cluster relationship with Group Finance, ensuring that the teams work effectively together to improve the efficiency, quality and timeliness of planning & reporting.
- To deliver high quality reporting and analysis ensuring information is presented in a professional and consistent manner, including use of Excel, PowerPoint & Email.
- To identify requirements and support in the delivery of systems changes to enhance reporting capability
- To work with finance business partners and other business stakeholders to understand their requirements and deliver appropriate reports which can be provided with maximum automation
- Where data is not readily available for required reporting, to work with business users and data providers to overcome obstacles by implementing process changes or system modifications
- To support the SCC audit requirements in conjunction with Group Finance.
- To enable the commercial finance business partners to focus time and attention on improving the insight, decision making and planning within the business.
- To support in training non-finance staff on how to use SAP.
We can't live without.....
- Demonstrable experience in a planning and reporting role
- Exceptional planning, communication and organisational skills
- Demonstrable experience of best practice in deadline management
- A deep understanding and proficiency of management accounting
- An open, honest and positive attitude with a can-do mentality, a team player with high energy levels
- A personable approach to financial management, able to build effective business relationships at all levels of the organisation.
We'd love you to have.....
- Experience of working effectively with a Group Finance function
- Experience of SAP & Hyperion Essbase
- A strong understanding of the underlying accounting treatments of financial transactions; able to spot anomalies and address / correct independently (eg revenue recognition, accrual & prepayment management)
- Possess the ability to translate complex accounting in to plain English for non-finance staff.
Our Story & Mission
The City & Guilds Group is a global leader in skills development. Our purpose is the same today as it has always been, to enable people, organisations and economies to develop their skills for growth. Backed by a Royal Charter, we have more than 135 years of experience in making sure that people can contribute to successful businesses and thriving economies.
Today, the Group consists of City & Guilds, ILM, Kineo, Digitalme, The Oxford Group and Gen2. Our businesses provide a broad and imaginative range of products and services that help people achieve their potential through work-based learning. Together, they set the standards for corporate learning, technical training and skills credentialing. Everything we do – from the way we work, our products and services, to our charitable investments – seeks to make a difference to individuals and communities around the world.
At The City & Guilds Group our success is driven by the people we work with – our people make us who we are. We pride ourselves on our ability to offer an equal opportunity to all our staff and we value diversity within our inclusive culture. We recognise that a diverse workforce is the only way we will achieve our ambitious business goals, so we work hard to be flexible way to accommodate everyone.
What Do We Offer You?
Working for us means working for an innovative, market-leading organisation. You’ll be entitled to an excellent Total Reward Package which typically includes – a great base salary, 25 days holiday, life assurance, Gymflex, Cycle2Work scheme and much more!
To find out more about the position, take a look at the Role Profile. If this still sounds exciting and you think you’re just the person for the job, please submit your CV and complete our short application form. We can’t wait to hear from you, so apply now! Once we have received your application you will be emailed a link to complete a game-based assessment that will be used in addition to your application form to assess your suitability for our organisation.