In this role you'll provide a range of customer support services needed to ensure the efficient receipt, processing, scanning and dispatch of all exam materials. This will include certificates, publications, question papers, and exam stationery. You'll need to be proactive, professional and have a solution focused mind, so that you keep the customer at the heart of what we do.
This is a fixed term contract opportunity that we expect to last for 6 months. It is based at our Stareton distribution centre, which is mid way between Coventry and Leamington Spa.
About the role
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- SAP Sales Order Processing - processing all orders/deliveries within agreed KPIs and according to City & Guilds standard operating procedures and working instructions
- Publication Management - use of Vista and SAP to process publication sales orders to the point of delivery and to ensure all relevant queries are resolved
- Certificates Management - use of MyCertis and SAP to process certification sales orders to the point of delivery and to ensure all relevant queries are resolved
- In house scanning - effectively managing MOD/HMPS in house scanning process and to maintain a best practice for a contingency DR planning. Identify and resolve long running problems by putting robust long term solutions in place
- Stock Management Support – ensuring all deliveries are recorded, booked into stock and stored securely in correct storage bins; and that prompt identification of stock issues are managed through to resolution or escalated to line manager
- Customer Service - to contribute to the achievement of agreed service levels for both internal and external customers, support C&G 2020 Vision by providing the best customer service to all customers
- Completing all distribution and stock reports to support line manager with day to day planning
- To be fully competent in all aspects of role profile and provide support to colleagues, manager and temporary staff when learning gaps identified
- To maintain the physical security and operational status of the production environment.
To succeed in this role you’ll need to have:
- Operational experience and ideally a good working knowledge of SAP
- Good IT skills, in particular the core Microsoft applications
- Excellent customer focus, commercial thinking, and the ability to identify and resolve problems
- The ability to use your initiative, work well as part of a team, and be able to safely lift and handle goods.
Our story and mission
The City & Guilds Group is a global leader in skills development. Our purpose is the same today as it has always been, to enable people, organisations and economies to develop their skills for growth. Backed by a Royal Charter, we have more than 135 years of experience in making sure that people can contribute to successful businesses and thriving economies.
Today, the Group consists of City & Guilds, ILM, Kineo, Digitalme, The Oxford Group and Gen2. Our businesses provide a broad and imaginative range of products and services that help people achieve their potential through work-based learning. Together, they set the standards for corporate learning, technical training and skills credentialing. Everything we do – from the way we work, our products and services, to our charitable investments – seeks to make a difference to individuals and communities around the world.
Our success is driven by the people we work with. We pride ourselves on our ability to offer an equal opportunity to all our staff and we value diversity within our inclusive culture. We recognise that a diverse workforce is the only way we will achieve our ambitious business goals, so we work hard to be flexible to accommodate everyone.
What we offer
We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative, engaging and market-leading organisation with opportunities to develop your existing skills and explore new ones.
You’ll receive an excellent benefits package which typically includes a great base salary, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, pension, private healthcare, volunteering opportunities and much more.
We welcome a discussion about how you might work flexibly for us, perhaps in terms of work pattern or location.
Next steps and how to apply
If you think this is the role and organisation for you then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and complete our short application form using the apply button.
As part of the application process, you will be asked to complete a game based assessment. This is an interactive assessment looking at ways of working that will be used with your CV and application form to assess your suitability for our organisation.