Bids and Tenders Writer
In this role you’ll work with the Head of Bids and Tenders and the wider Bid Team in the production and development of multiple City and Guilds business critical, multi-million pound UK and international tenders. You’ll provide wide ranging support, coordinating and developing responses and supporting material, and managing the content library. You’ll help ensure bid deadlines are met, through writing, editing, formatting and proofreading.
About The Role
Key accountabilities will include the daily monitoring of government, commercial and public sector tender tracking websites and portal systems, identifying and flagging any new tender opportunities based on key criteria. This will also involve assisting with clarification questions and responses, submission of bids, and undertaking research projects when required.
With assistance from colleagues, you'll write and review quality generic tender responses and some technical aspects, ensuring content is error free and meets internal and customer deadlines.
To succeed in this role you'll need to demonstrate:
- Previous experience of working on Bids and Tenders is essential – writing proposal responses from scratch by interpreting and translating technical information to create responses; and review requirements against responses.
- Have excellent project management skills, ensuring that all tender submissions are treated as projects requiring co-ordination of inputs from numerous contributors against tight deadlines.
- Have the ability to work in close collaboration with colleagues and other teams that will provide key input/content/knowledge/review into tender submissions.
- Have a positive and flexible attitude and ‘can do’ approach.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong time management and prioritisation and listening skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Have proficient IT skills, including the use of common IT packages (MS Suite).
- Willingness to learn about up to date information on the business’ products and services and new developments in their field of work.
- Previous experience or working knowledge of the Awarding Organisation/Qualification Development industry, or Vocational / Further Education industry would be advantageous but not essential.
Our Story & Mission
The City & Guilds Group is a global leader in skills development. Our purpose is the same as it has always been, to enable people and organisations to develop their skills for personal and economic growth. What we do is about more than skills, or qualifications, or jobs. Backed by a Royal Charter, we have more than 135 years of experience in making sure that people can contribute to successful businesses and thriving economies. Made up of City & Guilds, ILM, Kineo, DigitalMe, The Oxford Group and e3Learning we work with education providers, businesses and governments in over 80 countries, to provide work-relevant education and training in 26 industries.
At The City & Guilds Group our success is driven by the people we work with. We pride ourselves on our ability to offer an equal opportunity to all our staff and we value diversity within our inclusive culture. We recognise that a diverse workforce is the only way we will achieve our ambitious business goals, and therefore work in a very flexible way to accommodate everyone.
What we Offer
We offer the opportunity to work in a large, fast-paced, engaging environment with opportunities to develop your existing skills and explore new ones.
Working for us means working for an innovative, purpose-leading organisation. You’ll be entitled to an excellent Total Reward Package which typically includes – a great base salary, 25 days holiday, a defined pension scheme, life assurance, and much more!
To find out more about the position, take a look at the Role Profile. If this still sounds exciting and you think you’re just the person for the job, please submit your CV and complete our short application form.
As part of the application we will send you one of our game based exercises to complete separately, which is fun and interactive. This will enable us to see if you have some of the skills and behaviours you need to succeed within our organisation.